Have you heard of Partner Yoga? You might want to try it. Partner Yoga is practiced when two people create yoga postures together and each person gives and receives benefits at the same time. The poses in partner yoga are not awkward or intimate, so strangers in a class can practice together, and both partners can enjoy the mutual benefits it provides.
The benefits of Partner Yoga are:
- With a help from a yoga partner, you can deepen yoga poses and increase your flexibility.
- Working with a partner allows you to experience the poses in different ways.
- Relaxing tight and tense bodies together helps to loosen guarded and tense minds.
- United movements and coordinated breathing connect two people and build trust and communication.
- Practicing with a loved one? It is a great way to share time and increase bonding between the two of you.
Partner yoga poses include:
Pashcimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend) + Matsyasana (Fish Pose)
Paripurna Navasana (Buddy Boat Pose)
Janusirsasana (Head to Knee Pose)
Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog) + Uttanasana (Forward Bending)
In addition to traditional benefits from Solo Yoga, Partner Yoga provides you with a unique experience, making connection and balance with a partner. And with the right yoga partner, you can double these benefits.