By signing-in, you agree to our Terms and Conditions, Privacy Policy.

What are your favorite spots to enjoy a nature walk?

• A Porter
  • A Porter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #473 by A Porter

Ready to stop and take time to walk and enjoy nature’s tranquility? Listening to the sounds of Earth? Refreshing your mind and body?

Have you enjoyed…
  • The sunrise from Cadillac Mountain’s summit and walking on the rocky beaches of Maine’s Acadia National Park?
  • The panoramic overlook from the Island in the Sky mesa and the crystal blue Colorado River in Utah’s Canyonlands?
  • The monumental moss-draped trees in the rain forests and the rugged coastline with its ever-changing driftwood in Washington State’s Olympic National Park?

What are your favorite spots to enjoy refreshing nature walks? Do you have a Walking Partner to share this necessary indulgence?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #477 by Elizabeth Thomas
Replied by Elizabeth Thomas on topic What are your favorite spots to enjoy a nature walk?
It's been a while since I've been, but I like hiking with my binoculars at Yellowstone National Park. In the spring and summer I've seen bears, moose, wolves, even buffalo. The area is peaceful and the animals are breathtaking. Lots of colorful flowers to take in too.

More
1 year 9 months ago #489 by Inna Jefferson
Replied by Inna Jefferson on topic What are your favorite spots to enjoy a nature walk?
I like going to different places as often as I can, because exploring and unknown path makes the walk just so much more interesting and enjoyable for me. It's nice when you find a lovely place that makes you want to go back there, but I just love finding new ones and exploring everything around - where you can go from there, the animals, who else could I possibly meet there:lol: and so on.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #917 by Donny Kim
I like walking next to the water. Walking among the trees for too long feels suffocating, so an open area with space and clear water gives a nice balance to the forest on the other side. I can even play in the water, adding variations and fun to the activity.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #918 by Jacey Lane
I really love swampy areas. I'm petrified of snakes so that can be problematic sometimes, but I think they're just so beautiful. There's usually a lot of wildlife (and thankfully, I have yet to run into any snakes despite my fear that they're always near me) and lush flora. In our area, we have a lot of hanging moss and massive trees which creates a really beautiful aesthetic. I think my favorite place I've ever been was in Monterey, CA called the Rip Van Winkle Open Space. There wasn't any water but there was a lot of wildlife, gnarly trees, and Spanish moss. I couldn't get enough of it.

Moderators: Leisure Clique