By signing-in, you agree to our Terms and Conditions, Privacy Policy.

How do you improve tennis serve skill?

• A Porter
  • A Porter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
More
1 year 1 month ago - 5 months 2 weeks ago #863 by A Porter
How do you improve tennis serve skill? was created by A Porter
“Practice makes perfect,” or close to perfect. Having good serve skills is a great weapon to win your serve games, but unfortunately, these skills don’t come naturally.

Tennis players have a number of drills that will help them improve their skills, and players take different approaches to improve their serves:
- “Better to see something once than to hear about it a thousand times.” Software and great videos analyze your serve motions, which can help greatly. Serving. Groundstrokes. Footwork. Volleys. Coordination. Forehand. Backhand. And of course, warmups!
- Websites that give step-by-step help similar to videos but in different ways.
- Receiving coaching from a good pro improves your serve more than practicing it by yourself for many hours. Getting the basics down helps.
- Having a tennis partner so you can both return serves is an effective way to practice: both players can practice serves and returns.
- The bottom line is that you’re committed to a tough but rewarding discipline, and it should show in your tennis game.

How do you improve your serve skill?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #864 by Victoria Kim
Replied by Victoria Kim on topic How do you improve tennis serve skill?
What helped me improving serves was taking some lessons with a good tennis pro focusing on only serves, and practiced myself as much as I could in between those lessons.

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #869 by Lauren Williamson
Replied by Lauren Williamson on topic How do you improve tennis serve skill?
It's not the most fun, but focusing on the fundamentals of tennis really does help. I just ran the drills over over until they were second nature and focused on one serving technique at a time. I still get rusty when I've been off the court for some time.

Moderators: Leisure Clique