By signing-in, you agree to our Terms and Conditions, Privacy Policy.

How do you motivate yourself for running?

• A Porter
  • A Porter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
More
1 year 2 weeks ago - 5 months 2 weeks ago #870 by A Porter
Losing weight, staying fit, and having a second piece of decadent chocolate cake…there are many reasons for running. But it’s not always easy to keep your spirit up. Probably the hardest part is walking out the front door. 
Then how do you motivate yourself for your routine running activity?
  • Do you prepare your running gear the night before? Putting out your running shoes, clothes, and a bottle of water, that’s it!
  • Do you sign up for races? And when you do, do you set up a goal for each race?
  • Do you have a running partner? Stepping out your front door can be a lot easier when your partner waiting outside.
Let us know what you do when you have absolutely no desire to run, but know that it's good for you and will give you a better day . . .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 week ago #876 by Charles Cote
Replied by Charles Cote on topic How do you motivate yourself for running?
I set some rewards for myself. For example, I'll get myself a new pair of shoes if I have a good weekly streak for a month. It gives me something to fight for even when I have no motivation left. I also ask my friends to be more supportive and to remind me if I go off the track. I guess it applies to working out in general, not just running.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Leisure Clique