Do you use fitness tech/gear?

More
2 years 3 months ago #517 by Olivia Davis
Do you use fitness tech/gear? was created by Olivia Davis
Strava and Spot are popular with cyclists, Forerunner is popular with runners, and Fitbit seems to fall in the catchall category. I own none of these devices and am thinking about purchasing one just to keep up with how I'm doing and to challenge myself. Do you use fitness tech/gear? Has it helped you?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chloe Miller

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #538 by Chloe Miller
Replied by Chloe Miller on topic Do you use fitness tech/gear?
I use Strava and mapmyrun for most physical exercise and I believe they help me challenge myself. I wear my Fitbit daily, but I'm not sure it makes much difference in the long run. If you're going to buy tech, I recommend starting with one small thing to see if it works for you before spending a ton of money.

More
2 years 2 months ago #583 by Adam Eastman
Replied by Adam Eastman on topic Do you use fitness tech/gear?
I recently upgraded to a FitBit Charge 2. It's more durable than my previous one and much easier to change out the bands. For apps, I use Endomondo. A friend got me started with it and I like it better than most of the o thers. It's good for a variety of activities and I tend to switch out often. I also use a HIIT app, though I'm not sure the specific one. They're all kind of similar though.

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #614 by Karyn McNabb
Replied by Karyn McNabb on topic Do you use fitness tech/gear?
I use a Fitbit and I do find that it makes me get up and walk more. I make sure to reach my step goal daily and I don't think I would get up and move around as much without my Fitbit.

More
1 year 8 months ago #821 by Alex Carson
Replied by Alex Carson on topic Do you use fitness tech/gear?
I don't use any fitness tech or gear. I just kind of do whatever I feel like doing for however long I feel like doing it. I've always been really into physical activity and feeling that burn. I guess I've just always felt like that kind of tech and gear would take out the spontaneity and fun of it all. It seems like they're more for motivation than anything else. That's not a bad thing. It's just not really something I need.

More
1 year 5 months ago #897 by Charles Cote
Replied by Charles Cote on topic Do you use fitness tech/gear?
Instead of additional gears, I like to test some fitness apps on my phone. I used Strava for running back then, but now I prefer to use Runkeeper. I don't think we really need extra gears to support our exercises. Smartphones these days are already good enough. But if I have to buy something, unlike Chloe, I don't mind getting an expensive one with a good quality because it brings more benefit in the long run.